So it's been awhile since I updated... I'm playing catch up for sure! Last time I posted I was super-excited that I was running for 5 minutes. It's so funny to read that because now I am up to... get this... 25 MINUTES!!! That's right, people. I can't believe it either. Yesterday I finished my 25 minutes and felt like I could keep going, so I ended up running a few extra minutes. According to the C25K people, 25 minutes should be about 2 1/2 miles. Well I must be an extremely slow runner because the 25 plus few extra minutes was 2 miles for me (I measured using gmap pedometer). Hmm, eventually I'll have to work on that.
In other news, I've been listening to the Two Gomers Run a Marathon podcast (recommended by Christine). I love it because it's funny and I feel like I can relate to those guys... running and not having a clue if I'm doing anything right. It's been neat to listen in on their journey. They've been working towards running a marathon, and today was the race day! For some reason today I was just feeling excited for them and I kept thinking and hoping that everything would go well. According to facebook they have finished the race. Great job, Gomers!
Would you like to hear about my worst running experience thus far? I know you do. It happened this past Thursday, and it was the day of my first 25 minute run. First of all, I had cramps (never fun). Also, I made the mistake of eating a wrap for dinner that had onions in it, so I was having some stomach issues. I decided to get out there and run anyway because I knew I would regret if I didn't. Between the cramps and stomach pains, I was off to a rocky start. It had been really hot during the day, so it was super humid, and there were these crazy bugs flying all around. Of course I was sweating like crazy, so the bugs were flying into me and sticking to my skin. A couple even flew into my mouth and one flew into my eye. Since I wasn't feeling good my pace was slower than usual... I was running at the same speed as this couple who were walking in front of me. Pathetic. Anyway, it was a sucky experience to say the least. BUT, I did run the whole 25 minutes (I'm trying to look on the bright side). If I can run through that, I can run through anything, right? Right?
On a happy note, I've signed up for my first 5K!! It's on Saturday and it's the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Christine graciously invited me to join her team, Cure-ious Crew. Christine is running in the competitive race at 7:00, and I'm running in the recreational race at 8:45. I'm not sure if I'll be able to run the whole thing, but I'm going to try. This week I'm going to be super-aware of what I eat and drink so I'm not feeling icky on Saturday. I'm putting together a running playlist for my ipod... sorry, fellow racers, but I'm going to be an anti-social runner. I'm excited!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment