So I didn't get running shoes over the weekend as I had planned. I had a ton of work to do, plus a family situation came up, so it just didn't happen. I will get shoes, though. I am determined.
I came up with the brilliant idea to run before work yesterday. I typically get out of bed at 5:45, so I figured I would get up at 5:00 instead and do my running. This was the start of Week 2 for me (run 90 seconds then walk 90 seconds), and I was very excited to get started. Surprisingly, I did get out of bed at 5:00 (I still can't believe I did) and headed outside. It was chilly and dark, but overall I enjoyed it.
However, something bad happened later in the day: I got shin splints. Ever had shin splints before? They're not fun. I think I got them for several reasons: not stretching enough, not having proper shoes, and the fact that I was on my feet in flat shoes all day at work.
It goes without saying that I'm having to take a few days off from running. I want to make sure that I'm completely healed before I go out again. With all of the non-fun stuff preventing me to run, I have to throw this question out there: Universe, do you not want me to run?
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment