I finally got shoes! Let me tell you, it was an interesting experience...
My coworker Kelley recommended that I check out Try Sports at Crabtree Valley Mall. She got fitted for running shoes there and has been very satisfied with them. I followed her advice, and Christine went with me for the fitting today. The girl working there was very helpful and thorough. She measured my feet (still a size 10, in case you were wondering) and had me stand on this pad that reacts to heat to see how high my arches are. Turns out I have very high arches - who knew? Then she had me run on a treadmill. There was a camera set up to videotape me running. She played back the video and paused it when my feet were hitting the ground. Then she measured the angle at my ankle (I'm not really sure what that was for). I had to try on several pairs of shoes and run on the treadmill. In the end I went with a pair of Saucony running shoes that feel great and just happen to be cute. I can't wait to try them out!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment